What is the antonym of “impugnable”?
The antonym of impugnable are unassailable, irrefutable, and indisputable. These words convey a sense of certainty, truthfulness, and reliability.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unable to be attacked, questioned, or defeated.
The evidence presented in the court was so strong that it made the defendant's argument unassailable.
Impossible to deny or disprove.
The scientist presented irrefutable evidence that proved the theory beyond any doubt.
Undeniable; impossible to argue against.
The fact that the earth is round is indisputable and has been proven by science.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unassailable implies that something is so strong that it cannot be attacked or defeated.
- 2Irrefutable suggests that something is impossible to deny or disprove.
- 3Indisputable means that something is undeniable and impossible to argue against.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to strengthen arguments and claims in academic papers.
- 2Debates: Incorporate these words in debates to support your position and refute opposing arguments.
- 3Professional Communication: Utilize these antonyms in professional settings to convey a sense of certainty and reliability.