What is the antonym of “inacceptable”?
The antonyms of inacceptable are acceptable, satisfactory, and admissible. These words convey a positive or satisfactory meaning. They imply that something meets the required standards or expectations.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to be agreed upon or approved; meeting the required standards or expectations.
The proposal was acceptable to everyone in the meeting.
Meeting the minimum requirements or expectations; adequate or sufficient.
The quality of the product was satisfactory for the price paid.
Allowed or permitted to enter, pass, or be considered.
Only evidence that is legally obtained is admissible in court.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Acceptable implies that something meets the required standards or expectations.
- 2Satisfactory implies that something is adequate or sufficient, but not necessarily exceptional.
- 3Admissible implies that something is allowed or permitted to be considered.
Good things to know
- 1Professional Communication: Use these antonyms to express opinions and evaluations in a professional setting.
- 2Academic Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in academic writing to demonstrate critical thinking and analysis.
- 3Personal Life: Use these antonyms to evaluate situations and make decisions in personal life.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Acceptable implies meeting the required standards, satisfactory implies adequacy, and admissible implies permission. Use these words to enhance professional communication, academic writing, and personal decision-making.