What is the antonym of “inaccuracy”?
The antonym of inaccuracy is accuracy, precision, and correctness. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of inaccuracy, which is the lack of correctness or precision.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being correct or precise.
The scientist's findings were praised for their accuracy and attention to detail.
The quality or state of being exact or accurate.
The surgeon's precision during the operation was crucial to the patient's recovery.
The quality or state of being free from error or mistake.
The teacher emphasized the importance of correctness in grammar and spelling.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Accuracy emphasizes the quality of being correct or precise.
- 2Precision emphasizes the quality of being exact or accurate.
- 3Correctness emphasizes the quality of being free from error or mistake.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe research findings, data analysis, and scientific experiments.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in business reports, presentations, and emails to convey the level of accuracy and precision.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Utilize these antonyms to express the degree of correctness or accuracy in everyday situations.