What is the antonym of “inadvertency”?
The antonyms of inadvertency are attention, deliberateness, and intent. These words convey the opposite meaning of inadvertency, which is the lack of intention or attention.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of focusing on something or someone; paying close observation or consideration.
She paid close attention to the lecture and took detailed notes.
The quality of being done intentionally or with careful consideration.
His actions showed a clear deliberateness in his decision-making process.
A purpose or plan that guides one's actions or decisions.
Her intent was to finish the project before the deadline.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Attention refers to the act of focusing on something, while deliberateness and intent refer to the quality of being intentional.
- 2Deliberateness implies a more thoughtful and careful approach than intent.
- 3Intent is a broader term that can refer to a plan or purpose that guides one's actions.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and precision to your writing.
- 2Enhance Vocabulary: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.
- 3Clarify Meaning: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to clarify the intended meaning of a statement.