What is the antonym of “incapacious”?
The antonyms of incapacious are spacious, roomy, and generous. These words describe a place or object that has ample space or room to accommodate things or people.
See all the antonyms of “incapacious”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having ample space or room; large in area or capacity.
The new apartment was spacious enough to fit all their furniture and still have room to spare.
Having plenty of space or room; not cramped or confined.
The car's trunk was roomy enough to fit all their luggage for the road trip.
Plentiful or ample in size, amount, or degree; not stingy or meager.
The hotel's generous breakfast buffet included a variety of dishes to choose from.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Spacious emphasizes the large area or capacity of a place or object.
- 2Roomy emphasizes the absence of confinement or crowding in a place or object.
- 3Generous emphasizes the abundance or plentifulness of something, such as space or resources.
Good things to know
- 1Real Estate: Use spacious and roomy to describe properties with ample space and room for living.
- 2Travel: Use roomy to describe transportation with enough space for comfortable travel.
- 3Hospitality: Use generous to describe services or amenities that are abundant and not stingy.
The antonyms spacious, roomy, and generous describe places or objects with ample space or room. They differ in emphasis, with spacious emphasizing large area or capacity, roomy emphasizing absence of confinement or crowding, and generous emphasizing abundance or plentifulness. Use these words in real estate, travel, and hospitality contexts to describe properties, transportation, and services that provide ample space and resources.