What is the antonym of “incoherent”?
The antonyms of incoherent are coherent, clear, and logical. These words convey a sense of clarity, organization, and rationality.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Logical and consistent; easy to understand.
The professor's lecture was so coherent that even the students who were not familiar with the topic could follow along.
Easy to perceive, understand, or interpret.
The instructions were clear and concise, making it easy for the participants to complete the task.
Reasoned and well thought out; following a sensible sequence.
The detective used logical reasoning to solve the case and identify the culprit.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Coherent emphasizes the idea of consistency and logical flow.
- 2Clear emphasizes the idea of being easy to understand or perceive.
- 3Logical emphasizes the idea of being reasoned and following a sensible sequence.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to improve the clarity and organization of your writing.
- 2Public Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in your speeches to make your ideas more understandable and persuasive.
- 3Everyday Communication: Use these antonyms to express your thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively.
The antonyms of incoherent are coherent, clear, and logical. These words convey a sense of clarity, organization, and rationality. Use them to improve your academic writing, public speaking, and everyday communication.