What is the antonym of “incommunicative”?
The antonym of incommunicative is communicative, talkative, and outgoing. The antonyms communicative, talkative, and outgoing convey a positive and sociable personality. It implies a willingness to engage in conversation and share thoughts and feelings.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Willing to talk or impart information; open and expressive in speech.
She is a very communicative person and always shares her thoughts and feelings with others.
Tending to talk a lot; fond of speaking.
My neighbor is very talkative and can chat for hours about anything.
Friendly and sociable; enjoying the company of others.
He is an outgoing person who loves to meet new people and make friends.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Communicative describes someone who is willing to share information and express themselves openly.
- 2Talkative describes someone who speaks a lot and enjoys talking.
- 3Outgoing describes someone who is friendly and sociable, and enjoys being around others.
Good things to know
- 1Social Situations: Use communicative, talkative, and outgoing to describe people who are easy to talk to and enjoy socializing.
- 2Job Interviews: Use communicative and outgoing to describe desirable traits in job candidates.
- 3Personal Development: Use these antonyms to describe qualities you would like to develop in yourself, such as becoming more communicative or outgoing.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Communicative describes someone who is willing to share information and express themselves openly, talkative describes someone who speaks a lot and enjoys talking, and outgoing describes someone who is friendly and sociable. Use these words to describe people in social situations, job interviews, or personal development goals.