What is the antonym of “indecomposable”?
The antonyms of indecomposable are decomposable and composite. The antonyms decomposable and composite convey the opposite meaning of indecomposable, which means that something cannot be broken down into simpler parts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being broken down into simpler parts or components.
Organic matter is decomposable and can be turned into compost.
Made up of various parts or elements.
The new material is a composite of several different metals.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Decomposable refers to something that can be broken down into simpler parts or components.
- 2Composite refers to something that is made up of various parts or elements.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms in scientific contexts when discussing the properties of materials.
- 2Mathematics: Incorporate these antonyms when discussing mathematical concepts such as prime numbers and factorization.
- 3Engineering: Utilize these antonyms when discussing the design and construction of complex structures.
The antonyms decomposable and composite convey the opposite meaning of indecomposable, which means that something cannot be broken down into simpler parts. Use these words in scientific, mathematical, and engineering contexts to enhance communication and understanding.