What is the antonym of “indignant”?
The antonyms of indignant are pleased and content. The antonyms pleased and content convey a positive emotional state. It implies a sense of satisfaction, happiness, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling happy or satisfied with something that has happened.
She was pleased with her performance in the exam and felt proud of herself.
Feeling satisfied with what one has; not wanting more or anything else.
After a long day's work, he felt content to relax on the couch and watch TV.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Pleased describes a feeling of happiness or satisfaction with something that has happened.
- 2Content describes a feeling of satisfaction with what one has and not wanting more or anything else.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use pleased and content to express gratitude for what one has.
- 2Positive Reinforcement: Use pleased to provide positive reinforcement for good behavior or performance.
- 3Encourage Satisfaction: Use content to encourage satisfaction with what one has and discourage excessive desire for more.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Pleased conveys happiness or satisfaction with something that has happened, while content describes satisfaction with what one has. Use these words to express gratitude, provide positive reinforcement, and encourage satisfaction with what one has.