What is the antonym of “indolent”?
The antonyms of indolent are diligent, energetic, and industrious. These words describe someone who is active, hardworking, and productive.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing care and effort in one's work or duties.
She was a diligent student who always completed her assignments on time.
Having or showing enthusiasm, vitality, or strength.
The energetic athlete ran the marathon in record time.
Working hard and steadily; diligent.
The industrious employee finished all his tasks before the deadline.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Diligent implies careful and persistent effort in one's work or duties.
- 2Energetic suggests a high level of enthusiasm, vitality, or strength.
- 3Industrious describes someone who works hard and steadily.
Good things to know
- 1Job Interviews: Use these antonyms to describe your work ethic and impress potential employers.
- 2Academic Writing: Incorporate these words in essays to convey a strong work ethic and dedication to learning.
- 3Daily Conversation: Use these antonyms to describe people's personalities and work habits.
The antonyms of indolent describe someone who is active, hardworking, and productive. Use diligent to describe careful and persistent effort, energetic to suggest high enthusiasm, and industrious to describe someone who works hard and steadily. These words can be used in job interviews, academic writing, and daily conversation to describe people's personalities and work habits.