What is the antonym of “inelaborate”?
The antonyms of inelaborate are elaborate, ornate, and fancy. These words describe something that is highly detailed, complex, or decorative.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Involving many carefully arranged parts or details; intricate.
The wedding cake was an elaborate creation with multiple tiers and intricate designs.
Highly decorated or embellished with intricate patterns or designs.
The palace's interior was ornate with gold-plated walls, crystal chandeliers, and intricate carvings.
Elaborate or decorative, often in a showy or excessive way.
She wore a fancy dress with sequins, lace, and frills to the ball.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Elaborate suggests a high degree of complexity and careful arrangement of parts or details.
- 2Ornate implies a high level of decoration or embellishment with intricate patterns or designs.
- 3Fancy conveys a sense of showiness or excessiveness in decoration or style.
Good things to know
- 1Art and Design: Use these antonyms to describe different styles of art, architecture, or fashion.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these words in descriptive writing to create vivid imagery and convey a specific tone.
- 3Conversation: Use these words to express your opinion on something that is highly detailed or decorative.
The antonyms elaborate, ornate, and fancy describe something that is highly detailed, complex, or decorative. Use these words to describe different styles of art, architecture, or fashion, incorporate them in descriptive writing to create vivid imagery, or use them in conversations to express your opinion on something that is highly detailed or decorative.