What is the antonym of “inexplainable”?
The antonyms of inexplainable are explainable, explicable, and understandable. These words convey the opposite meaning of inexplainable, which means something that cannot be explained or understood.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to be explained or made clear.
The teacher made the lesson explainable by using simple language and examples.
Capable of being explained or accounted for.
The sudden change in weather was explicable due to the approaching storm.
Able to be comprehended or grasped mentally.
The instructions were so clear and concise that they were easily understandable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Explainable refers to something that can be explained or made clear.
- 2Explicable refers to something that can be accounted for or explained.
- 3Understandable refers to something that can be comprehended or grasped mentally.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use these antonyms to clarify ideas and concepts.
- 2Enhance Writing: Incorporate these words in writing to make it more precise and effective.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.