The Opposite(Antonym) of “infantilize”
The antonym of infantilize are mature, adult, and empower. The antonyms mature, adult, and empower convey a sense of growth, responsibility, and independence. It implies a state of being fully developed and capable of making decisions.
Definitions and Examples of mature, adult, empower
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Fully developed in body or mind; having reached a state of full growth or development.
After years of hard work and dedication, he finally became a mature and responsible adult.
A person who has reached the age of majority and is legally responsible for their actions.
As an adult, she was able to make her own decisions and take responsibility for her actions.
To give someone the power or authority to do something; to make someone stronger and more confident.
By providing education and resources, we can empower individuals to take control of their lives.
Key Differences: mature vs adult vs empower
- 1Mature describes a state of being fully developed in body or mind.
- 2Adult refers to a legal status of reaching the age of majority and being responsible for one's actions.
- 3Empower describes the act of giving someone the power or authority to do something.
Effective Usage of mature, adult, empower
- 1Personal Growth: Use mature to describe personal growth and development.
- 2Legal Context: Use adult to describe legal status and responsibilities.
- 3Leadership: Use empower to describe the act of giving someone the power or authority to do something.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Mature describes personal growth, adult refers to legal status and responsibilities, and empower describes the act of giving someone the power or authority to do something. Use these words to describe growth, responsibility, and independence in various contexts.