What is the antonym of “infrequently”?
The antonyms of infrequently are frequently, often, and regularly. These words convey the opposite meaning of infrequently, which means something that happens rarely or not very often.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Happening often or at short intervals.
She frequently visits her grandparents on weekends.
Many times; frequently.
He often goes to the gym in the morning before work.
At fixed or uniform intervals; habitually or consistently.
She regularly practices yoga to stay fit and healthy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Frequently suggests that something happens often but not necessarily on a regular basis.
- 2Often implies that something happens many times, but it may not be as frequent as frequently.
- 3Regularly suggests that something happens at fixed or uniform intervals, indicating a consistent pattern.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express frequency more accurately.
- 2Communicate Effectively: Use these words to convey how often something happens in a clear and concise manner.
- 3Enhance Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your sentences.
The antonyms of infrequently are frequently, often, and regularly. These words have distinct nuances and can be used to improve vocabulary, communicate effectively, and enhance writing.