What is the antonym of “ingénue”?
The antonyms of ingénue are sophisticated, worldly, and experienced. These antonyms describe a person who is knowledgeable, experienced, and worldly-wise. They convey a sense of maturity and sophistication.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a refined knowledge of the world, culture, and the arts.
She was a sophisticated traveler who had visited many countries and knew how to navigate different cultures.
Experienced in the ways of the world; knowledgeable about human affairs and social customs.
He was a worldly businessman who had worked in different countries and knew how to negotiate deals across cultures.
Having knowledge or skill acquired through practice or exposure to a particular activity or situation.
She was an experienced chef who had worked in top restaurants and knew how to create delicious and innovative dishes.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sophisticated implies a high level of refinement and cultural knowledge.
- 2Worldly implies a broad understanding of human affairs and social customs.
- 3Experienced implies a practical knowledge or skill acquired through practice or exposure.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Describe People: Use these antonyms to describe people with different levels of knowledge, experience, and sophistication.
- 3Enrich Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create nuanced characters and convey complex ideas.
The antonyms of ingénue are sophisticated, worldly, and experienced. These words describe a person who is knowledgeable, experienced, and worldly-wise. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, describe people with different levels of knowledge and experience, and enrich your writing by creating nuanced characters and conveying complex ideas.