What is the antonym of “inpardonable”?
The antonym of inpardonable is forgivable, pardonable, and excusable. These words convey the opposite meaning of inpardonable, which means something that cannot be forgiven or excused.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to be forgiven or pardoned.
Although he made a mistake, it was a forgivable one and did not cause any harm.
Able to be excused or forgiven.
Her behavior was pardonable given the circumstances.
Able to be justified or explained.
His absence from the meeting was excusable as he had a family emergency.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Forgivable implies that an offense can be pardoned or forgiven.
- 2Pardonable suggests that an offense can be excused or forgiven.
- 3Excusable indicates that an offense can be justified or explained.
Good things to know
- 1Apology: Use forgivable or pardonable when apologizing for a mistake.
- 2Explanation: Use excusable when providing a reason for an action.
- 3Judgment: Use these antonyms when evaluating the severity of an offense.
The antonyms forgivable, pardonable, and excusable convey the opposite meaning of inpardonable. Use these words when apologizing for a mistake, providing an explanation, or evaluating the severity of an offense.