What is the antonym of “instrumental”?
The antonyms of instrumental are useless, ineffective, and unhelpful. These antonyms convey a lack of usefulness, effectiveness, or helpfulness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not fulfilling or not expected to achieve any purpose or goal.
The old computer was useless for running modern software.
Not producing the desired result; not effective.
The medicine was ineffective in treating his chronic pain.
Not providing assistance or support; not helpful.
His advice was unhelpful and did not solve the problem.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Useless implies that something has no value or purpose.
- 2Ineffective suggests that something does not work as intended or does not produce the desired result.
- 3Unhelpful means that something does not provide assistance or support.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Meaning: Use these antonyms to explain the opposite of instrumental.
- 2Express Opinion: Incorporate these words to express negative opinions about something.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.