What is the antonym of “intended”?
The antonyms of intended are unintended, accidental, and unplanned. These words describe actions or events that happen without prior planning or intention.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not planned or intended; happening by chance or accident.
The unintended consequences of the new policy were worse than expected.
Happening by chance or without intention; not planned.
He made an accidental mistake while typing the report.
Not arranged or decided in advance; happening unexpectedly.
The sudden rainstorm caused an unplanned delay in our outdoor event.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unintended implies that something happened by chance or accident, without any prior planning or intention.
- 2Accidental suggests that something happened by chance or without intention, but it may have been a result of carelessness or negligence.
- 3Unplanned describes something that was not arranged or decided in advance, and it happened unexpectedly.
Good things to know
- 1Clarify Meaning: Use these antonyms to clarify the meaning of a sentence or phrase.
- 2Avoid Misunderstandings: Incorporate these antonyms to avoid misunderstandings in communication.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your writing skills.
The antonyms of intended are unintended, accidental, and unplanned. These words describe actions or events that happen without prior planning or intention. Use these antonyms to clarify meaning, avoid misunderstandings, and enrich your vocabulary.