What is the antonym of “interruption”?
The antonyms of interruption are continuation and uninterruptedness. The antonyms continuation and uninterruptedness convey a sense of continuity, uninterrupted flow, or continuation of an activity or process.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of continuing or carrying on something without interruption.
After the break, the teacher resumed the class with the continuation of the previous lesson.
The state of being continuous or uninterrupted.
The uninterruptedness of the internet connection was crucial for the online meeting to proceed smoothly.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Continuation refers to the act of continuing or carrying on something without interruption.
- 2Uninterruptedness refers to the state of being continuous or uninterrupted.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use continuation and uninterruptedness in academic writing to describe the flow of ideas or processes.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in business communication to describe the smooth flow of operations or projects.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use these antonyms in everyday conversation to describe the uninterrupted flow of events or activities.
The antonyms of interruption are continuation and uninterruptedness. Use continuation to describe the act of continuing something without interruption, and uninterruptedness to describe the state of being continuous or uninterrupted. These antonyms can be used in academic writing, business communication, and everyday conversation to describe the smooth flow of ideas, processes, operations, or events.