Definitions and Examples of separate, unconnected, untwisted
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not joined or connected; existing or happening independently.
The two rivers flowed side by side but remained separate.
Not related or linked in any way; having no connection.
The two events were unconnected and had no bearing on each other.
Not twisted or coiled; straightened out.
She untwisted the wire hanger to use it as a hook.
Key Differences: separate vs unconnected vs untwisted
- 1Separate implies that two or more things are not joined or connected.
- 2Unconnected means that there is no relationship or link between two or more things.
- 3Untwisted describes something that is straightened out and no longer twisted.
Effective Usage of separate, unconnected, untwisted
- 1Clarify Meaning: Use these antonyms to explain the opposite of intertwined.
- 2Describe Relationships: Use separate and unconnected to describe relationships between people or things.
- 3Explain Physical Properties: Use untwisted to describe objects that are no longer twisted or coiled.
The antonyms of intertwined are separate, unconnected, and untwisted. Use these words to clarify meaning, describe relationships, and explain physical properties. Separate indicates a lack of connection, unconnected means no relationship, and untwisted describes something that is straightened out.