What is the antonym of “intrigued”?
The antonyms of intrigued are bored and uninterested. The antonyms bored and uninterested convey a lack of curiosity or interest in something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling uninterested or tired of something because it is dull or repetitive.
She was so bored during the lecture that she fell asleep.
Not having any curiosity or interest in something.
He was uninterested in the topic and didn't bother to ask any questions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bored implies a feeling of weariness or disinterest due to a lack of stimulation or excitement.
- 2Uninterested suggests a lack of curiosity or concern about something, without necessarily implying boredom.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use bored and uninterested to express your lack of interest or enthusiasm for something.
- 2Make Decisions: Incorporate these antonyms in decision-making processes to determine what activities or topics to pursue or avoid.
- 3Improve Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve communication skills.