What is the antonym of “introduced”?
The antonyms of introduced are removed and eliminated. These words convey the opposite meaning of bringing something in or adding something to a situation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To take something away from a place or position.
The teacher removed the disruptive student from the classroom.
To completely remove or get rid of something.
The company eliminated several positions due to budget cuts.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Removed implies taking something away from its original position or location.
- 2Eliminated suggests completely getting rid of something, often permanently.
Good things to know
- 1In Business: Use eliminated to describe job cuts, budget reductions, or discontinued products.
- 2In Education: Use removed to describe disciplinary actions such as suspensions or expulsions.
- 3In Everyday Life: Use these antonyms to describe changes in physical or emotional states, such as removing clutter from a room or eliminating negative thoughts from your mind.
The antonyms removed and eliminated convey the opposite meaning of introducing something. Removed implies taking something away from its original position or location, while eliminated suggests completely getting rid of something, often permanently. Use these words in business, education, or everyday life to describe changes in physical or emotional states.