What is the antonym of “invidiously”?
The antonyms of invidiously are fairly, impartially, and equitably. These antonyms convey a sense of fairness, impartiality, and lack of prejudice.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a just and reasonable manner; without bias or discrimination.
The teacher graded all the papers fairly and without any favoritism.
Treating all parties equally and without favoritism.
The judge listened to both sides of the argument impartially before making a decision.
In a fair and just manner; giving everyone what they deserve.
The manager distributed the bonuses equitably based on each employee's performance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fairly implies a sense of justice and reasonableness without any bias or discrimination.
- 2Impartially suggests treating all parties equally and without any favoritism.
- 3Equitably conveys the idea of giving everyone what they deserve in a fair and just manner.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace: Use these antonyms to promote fairness and equality in the workplace.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about ethics and morality.
- 3Politics: Utilize these antonyms to discuss issues related to social justice and equality.
The antonyms fairly, impartially, and equitably convey a sense of fairness, impartiality, and lack of prejudice. Use these words to promote fairness and equality in the workplace, discuss issues related to ethics and morality, and address topics related to social justice and equality.