What is the antonym of “irredressible”?
The antonym of irredressible are correctable, fixable, and remediable. These words convey the idea that something can be fixed or corrected.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to be corrected or made right.
The mistake in the report was correctable and could be easily fixed.
Able to be fixed or repaired.
The broken chair was fixable with a little glue and some screws.
Able to be remedied or cured.
The illness was remediable with the right medication and treatment.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Correctable implies that something is wrong or incorrect and can be made right.
- 2Fixable implies that something is broken or damaged and can be repaired.
- 3Remediable implies that something is curable or treatable.
Good things to know
- 1In academic writing: Use these antonyms to describe problems and their solutions.
- 2In everyday conversation: Use these antonyms to talk about things that can be fixed or corrected.
- 3In technical writing: Use these antonyms to describe issues and their solutions in technical documents.