Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easily broken or damaged.
The vase was so fragile that it broke into pieces when it fell from the table.
Capable of being broken or damaged.
The toy was made of breakable plastic, so it was not suitable for young children.
Capable of bending or being bent without breaking.
The gymnast was very flexible and could do splits and backbends with ease.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fragile describes something that is easily broken or damaged.
- 2Breakable describes something that can be broken or damaged.
- 3Flexible describes something that can bend or be bent without breaking.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Describe Objects: Use these words to describe the properties of objects, such as their strength, durability, and flexibility.
- 3Compare and Contrast: Use these antonyms to compare and contrast different objects or concepts.
The antonyms of irrefrangible are fragile, breakable, and flexible. These words describe objects that are easily broken or damaged, can be broken or damaged, or can bend without breaking. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, describe objects, and compare and contrast different concepts.