What is the antonym of “irreplaceable”?
The antonym of irreplaceable are replaceable, disposable, and expendable. These words convey the opposite meaning of irreplaceable, which means something that cannot be replaced or substituted.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being replaced or substituted with something else.
The parts of the machine were replaceable in case of damage.
Designed to be used once or for a short period and then thrown away.
The plastic cups were disposable and could be thrown away after use.
Considered not worth keeping or maintaining; able to be sacrificed for a greater purpose.
In war, soldiers are often considered expendable and sent to the front lines.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Replaceable refers to something that can be substituted with something else.
- 2Disposable refers to something that is designed to be used once and then thrown away.
- 3Expendable refers to something that is considered not worth keeping or maintaining and can be sacrificed for a greater purpose.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create contrast and make your ideas clearer.
- 3Enrich Discussion: Utilize these antonyms in discussions to explore different perspectives and ideas.
The antonyms of irreplaceable are replaceable, disposable, and expendable. These words have distinct meanings and can be used to enhance vocabulary, improve writing, and enrich discussions by exploring different perspectives and ideas.