What is the antonym of “irresoluteness”?
The antonyms of irresoluteness are resolution, decisiveness, and certainty. These antonyms convey a sense of determination, firmness, and confidence in decision-making.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A firm decision to do or not to do something.
She made a resolution to quit smoking and stuck to it.
The ability to make quick and firm decisions.
His decisiveness in a crisis situation saved many lives.
The state of being completely confident or sure about something.
There is no certainty that the project will be completed on time.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Resolution refers to a firm decision to do or not to do something.
- 2Decisiveness refers to the ability to make quick and firm decisions.
- 3Certainty refers to the state of being completely confident or sure about something.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use resolution, decisiveness, and certainty to describe leadership qualities and decision-making skills.
- 2Academic Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in essays and research papers to express ideas with precision and clarity.
- 3Daily Conversations: Use these words to describe personal traits or situations that require firmness and confidence.
The antonyms of irresoluteness convey a sense of determination, firmness, and confidence in decision-making. Use resolution to refer to a firm decision, decisiveness to describe the ability to make quick decisions, and certainty to express complete confidence. These words are useful in business, academic writing, and daily conversations.