What is the antonym of “irresponsive”?
The antonym of irresponsive is responsive, reactive, and sensitive. These antonyms describe a person's ability to react or respond to stimuli, situations, or people.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Reacting quickly and positively to stimuli, situations, or people.
The doctor was responsive to the patient's needs and provided immediate care.
Reacting to a stimulus or situation after it has occurred.
The company was reactive in addressing customer complaints instead of being proactive in preventing them.
Aware of and responsive to the feelings, thoughts, and needs of others.
She was sensitive to her friend's emotions and offered support during a difficult time.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Responsive describes a quick and positive reaction to stimuli, situations, or people.
- 2Reactive describes a reaction to a stimulus or situation after it has occurred.
- 3Sensitive describes an awareness and responsiveness to the feelings, thoughts, and needs of others.
Good things to know
- 1Communication: Use these antonyms to describe a person's ability to react or respond to different situations.
- 2Relationships: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express how you feel about someone's responsiveness or sensitivity.
- 3Workplace: Utilize these antonyms to describe a colleague's work style or to provide feedback on their performance.