What is the antonym of “jauntier”?
The antonyms of jauntier are dull, dreary, and gloomy. These words convey a lack of liveliness, excitement, or cheerfulness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking interest or excitement; boring.
The lecture was so dull that half the audience fell asleep.
Dull, bleak, and lifeless; lacking in brightness or charm.
The weather was so dreary that she decided to stay indoors all day.
Dark, dismal, and depressing; lacking in cheerfulness or hope.
The news of his friend's death left him feeling gloomy and despondent.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Dull implies a lack of interest or excitement.
- 2Dreary suggests a lack of brightness or charm.
- 3Gloomy conveys a sense of darkness, depression, or hopelessness.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Describe Settings: Use these words to describe places, weather, or environments in stories or essays.
- 3Express Emotions: Use these words to describe your emotions or the emotions of others in conversations or writing.