What is the antonym of “kilter”?
The antonyms of kilter are imbalance and instability. These antonyms convey a lack of balance, stability, or order.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A lack of proportion or symmetry; a state of being unequal or uneven.
The company's budget showed an imbalance between revenue and expenses.
A lack of firmness or steadiness; a state of being unpredictable or volatile.
The political situation in the country caused instability and uncertainty among its citizens.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Imbalance refers to a lack of proportion or symmetry, while kilter refers to a state of being in good condition or order.
- 2Instability refers to a lack of firmness or steadiness, while kilter refers to a state of being balanced or in harmony.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use imbalance to describe financial discrepancies or disparities.
- 2Science: Use instability to describe chemical reactions or physical phenomena that are unpredictable or volatile.
- 3Daily Life: Use kilter to describe things that are in good condition or order, such as one's health, finances, or relationships.
The antonyms of kilter are imbalance and instability. While imbalance refers to a lack of proportion or symmetry, instability refers to a lack of firmness or steadiness. Use these words to describe financial discrepancies, chemical reactions, or things that are in good condition or order.