What is the antonym of “lamentabile”?
The antonyms of lamentabile are fortunate, happy, and joyful. These words convey a positive or contented emotional state. They imply a sense of satisfaction, pleasure, or luck.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having good luck or being favored by circumstances.
He felt fortunate to have found a job in his field right after graduation.
Feeling or showing pleasure, contentment, or satisfaction.
She was happy to see her old friend after so many years.
Feeling or expressing great happiness or delight.
The children were joyful when they saw the presents under the Christmas tree.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fortunate implies a sense of luck or favorable circumstances.
- 2Happy conveys a general feeling of pleasure or contentment.
- 3Joyful denotes a more intense feeling of happiness or delight.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use fortunate to express gratitude for good luck or favorable circumstances.
- 2Share Positive Emotions: Use happy and joyful to share positive emotions with others.
- 3Celebrate Achievements: Use these antonyms to celebrate achievements and milestones.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Fortunate implies luck or favorable circumstances, happy conveys general pleasure, and joyful denotes intense happiness. Use these words to express gratitude, share positive emotions, and celebrate achievements.