What is the antonym of “lankness”?
The antonyms of lankness are plumpness, chubbiness, and stoutness. These antonyms describe a physical state that is opposite to being thin or skinny.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a full, rounded shape; slightly fat or chubby.
She loved her baby's plumpness and enjoyed squeezing his chubby cheeks.
Having a rounded, plump, or slightly fat body shape.
As a child, she was teased for her chubbiness, but now she embraces her curves.
Having a thick, sturdy, and somewhat fat body shape.
The wrestler's stoutness gave him an advantage in the ring, as he could easily overpower his opponents.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Plumpness refers to a full, rounded shape, while chubbiness describes a more pronounced level of fatness.
- 2Chubbiness is often used to describe children or young animals, while stoutness is more commonly used to describe adults.
- 3Stoutness implies a thicker and sturdier body shape than plumpness or chubbiness.
Good things to know
- 1Body Positivity: Use these antonyms to promote body positivity and celebrate different body shapes and sizes.
- 2Health and Fitness: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about health and fitness to emphasize the importance of maintaining a healthy weight.
- 3Fashion and Style: Utilize these antonyms in fashion and style contexts to describe different body types and suggest clothing styles that flatter them.
The antonyms of lankness describe a physical state that is opposite to being thin or skinny. Plumpness refers to a full, rounded shape, chubbiness describes a more pronounced level of fatness, and stoutness implies a thicker and sturdier body shape. Use these antonyms to promote body positivity, discuss health and fitness, and describe different body types in fashion and style contexts.