What is the antonym of “lards”?
The antonyms of lards are trim and lighten. The antonyms trim and lighten convey the opposite meaning of adding extra weight or substance to something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To remove excess or unwanted parts from something, especially to make it more efficient or attractive.
She decided to trim her hair to get rid of the split ends.
To reduce the weight or burden of something.
He suggested that we lighten our backpacks by removing unnecessary items.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Trim refers to removing excess or unwanted parts to make something more efficient or attractive.
- 2Lighten refers to reducing the weight or burden of something.
Good things to know
- 1Cooking: Use trim and lighten in cooking to make healthier meals.
- 2Fitness: Incorporate these antonyms in fitness routines to achieve weight loss goals.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey contrasting ideas.