What is the antonym of “leisureness”?
The antonyms of leisureness are urgency and hurry. The antonyms urgency and hurry convey a sense of haste, pressure, or importance. They imply that something needs to be done quickly or immediately.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of requiring immediate action or attention.
The doctor's appointment was rescheduled due to an urgency case that needed immediate attention.
To move or act with speed or haste; to rush.
We need to hurry if we want to catch the train on time.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Urgency implies a pressing need for immediate action or attention.
- 2Hurry is a more general term that describes moving or acting with speed or haste.
Good things to know
- 1Time Management: Use these antonyms to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- 2Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to convey a sense of urgency or importance.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension, suspense, or drama.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Urgency conveys a pressing need for immediate action, while hurry describes moving or acting with speed or haste. Use these words to manage time effectively, convey a sense of urgency in conversations, and create tension or drama in writing.