What is the antonym of “lieblich”?
The antonyms of lieblich are unpleasant, harsh, and ugly. These words convey a negative or unpleasant quality, opposite to the pleasantness and beauty that lieblich implies.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Causing discomfort, displeasure, or revulsion.
The smell of the garbage was unpleasant and made me feel sick.
Rough, severe, or ungentle; causing discomfort or pain.
The teacher's harsh criticism made the student feel embarrassed and discouraged.
Unpleasant or repulsive in appearance; not aesthetically pleasing.
The old building was ugly and dilapidated, with peeling paint and broken windows.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unpleasant describes something that causes discomfort or displeasure, while lieblich describes something that is pleasant and beautiful.
- 2Harsh describes something that is rough, severe, or ungentle, while lieblich implies something that is gentle and soothing.
- 3Ugly describes something that is unattractive or repulsive, while lieblich implies something that is aesthetically pleasing and beautiful.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Scenery: Use lieblich to describe beautiful landscapes, and use ugly to describe unattractive or unpleasant scenery.
- 2Describing Sounds: Use lieblich to describe pleasant and soothing sounds, and use harsh to describe loud and unpleasant sounds.
- 3Describing People: Use lieblich to describe someone who is charming and attractive, and use ugly to describe someone who is unattractive or unpleasant.
The antonyms of lieblich are unpleasant, harsh, and ugly. Use these words to describe scenery, sounds, and people. Lieblich implies beauty and pleasantness, while unpleasant, harsh, and ugly convey negative or unpleasant qualities.