What is the antonym of “liked”?
The antonyms of liked are disliked, hated, and despised. These words convey a negative sentiment towards something or someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have a feeling of aversion or disapproval towards something or someone.
She disliked the new restaurant because the food was too spicy.
To feel intense dislike or animosity towards something or someone.
He hated going to the dentist because it always caused him pain.
To feel contempt or disgust towards something or someone.
She despised people who were rude to others.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disliked is a milder term that describes a feeling of disapproval or aversion.
- 2Hated is a stronger term that conveys intense dislike or animosity.
- 3Despised is a more extreme term that describes a feeling of contempt or disgust.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your feelings towards something or someone.
- 2Discuss Preferences: Incorporate these words in conversations to discuss likes and dislikes.
- 3Write Reviews: Utilize these antonyms in writing reviews to convey your opinion about a product, service, or experience.
The antonyms of liked are disliked, hated, and despised. These words convey different levels of negativity towards something or someone. Use them to express opinions, discuss preferences, and write reviews.