What is the antonym of “loathe”?
The antonym of loathe is love, adore, and fancy. The antonyms love, adore, and fancy convey a positive emotional state. It implies a strong liking, affection, or admiration.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have a strong feeling of affection or deep attachment towards someone or something.
I love spending time with my family and friends.
To feel great affection and admiration for someone or something.
She adores her little sister and enjoys playing with her.
To have a liking or preference for someone or something.
I fancy a cup of coffee in the morning to start my day.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Love is a strong feeling of affection and attachment towards someone or something.
- 2Adore is a more intense form of love that conveys admiration and deep affection.
- 3Fancy is a milder form of love that denotes a liking or preference for someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Affection: Use love, adore, and fancy to express your feelings towards someone or something.
- 2Compliment Others: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to compliment others and show appreciation.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and convey emotions effectively.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Love conveys strong affection, adore denotes admiration and deep affection, and fancy refers to a mild liking or preference. Use these words to express affection, compliment others, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and conveying emotions effectively.