What is the antonym of “lovesick”?
The antonyms of lovesick are indifferent and unaffected. The antonyms indifferent and unaffected convey a lack of emotional attachment or interest. It implies a neutral or apathetic emotional state.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having no particular interest or sympathy; unconcerned.
She was indifferent to the outcome of the game since she wasn't a fan of either team.
Not influenced or changed emotionally by something.
Despite the criticism, he remained unaffected and continued to pursue his passion.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Indifferent describes a lack of interest or concern, while unaffected describes a lack of emotional impact.
- 2Indifferent can also imply a sense of detachment or aloofness, while unaffected is more neutral in tone.
Good things to know
- 1Expressing Emotions: Use lovesick to describe intense romantic feelings, and indifferent or unaffected to describe a lack of emotional attachment.
- 2Describing People: Use indifferent to describe someone who is uninterested or unconcerned, and unaffected to describe someone who remains emotionally stable despite external circumstances.
- 3Writing Fiction: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create contrasting characters and add depth to their personalities.