What is the antonym of “malicious”?
The antonym of malicious is benevolent, kind, and generous. These antonyms convey positive emotions and imply a desire to do good or be helpful.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Well-meaning and kindly.
The benevolent stranger offered to help the old lady cross the street.
Having a friendly, generous, and considerate nature.
She was always kind to her neighbors and helped them whenever she could.
Willing to give more than is necessary or expected; showing kindness and magnanimity.
He was generous with his time and money and donated to various charities.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Benevolent implies a desire to do good or be helpful without expecting anything in return.
- 2Kind suggests a friendly and considerate nature that is helpful and compassionate.
- 3Generous conveys a willingness to give more than is necessary or expected, often in terms of time, money, or resources.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use these antonyms to express appreciation for someone's kindness or generosity.
- 2Encourage Positive Behavior: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to encourage people to be kind and generous to others.
- 3Promote Harmony: Utilize these antonyms to promote peaceful and harmonious relationships among people.