What is the antonym of “manipulated”?
The antonym of manipulated are leave alone, neglect, and mismanage. These antonyms convey a sense of not interfering or controlling something or someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To not interfere with or bother someone or something.
I prefer to leave alone my plants and let them grow naturally.
To fail to take care of or pay attention to something or someone.
If you neglect your car, it will eventually break down.
To handle or control something poorly or ineffectively.
The company went bankrupt because the CEO mismanaged its finances.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Leave alone implies a hands-off approach, while manipulated suggests active involvement.
- 2Neglect is a failure to take care of something, while manipulated implies an attempt to control or influence it.
- 3Mismanage refers to poor handling or control, while manipulated implies a deliberate attempt to influence or deceive.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use mismanage to describe poor management practices.
- 2Parenting: Use leave alone to describe a parenting style that allows children to develop independence.
- 3Relationships: Use neglect to describe a lack of attention or care in a relationship.
The antonyms of manipulated have distinct meanings. Leave alone implies a hands-off approach, neglect suggests a lack of attention, and mismanage implies poor handling. Use these words to describe different situations, such as business practices, parenting styles, and relationships.