Definitions and Examples of single, unmarried, divorced
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not married or in a romantic relationship.
She's been single for a while and is enjoying her independence.
Not joined in marriage; not married.
He's unmarried and has no plans to settle down anytime soon.
No longer married; having ended a marriage.
After years of struggling, they decided to get divorced and start anew.
Key Differences: single vs unmarried vs divorced
- 1Single refers to someone who is not currently in a romantic relationship or married.
- 2Unmarried refers to someone who has never been married.
- 3Divorced refers to someone who was previously married but is no longer married due to a legal separation.
Effective Usage of single, unmarried, divorced
- 1Dating: Use these antonyms to describe your relationship status when talking to potential partners.
- 2Socializing: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to learn more about someone's personal life.
- 3Legal Matters: Use divorced to describe someone's marital status in legal documents or proceedings.
The antonyms of married describe different marital statuses. Single refers to someone who is not in a romantic relationship, unmarried refers to someone who has never been married, and divorced refers to someone who was previously married but is no longer married due to a legal separation. Use these words to describe your relationship status, learn more about someone's personal life, or in legal matters.