What is the antonym of “marveled”?
The antonyms of marveled are disregarded and ignored. The antonyms disregarded and ignored convey a lack of attention or interest. It implies that something is not considered important or worthy of notice.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To pay no attention to; ignore.
He disregarded the warning signs and ended up getting lost in the woods.
To refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
She ignored his text messages and calls, hoping he would get the message.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disregarded implies that something is not given any attention or consideration.
- 2Ignored implies that something is intentionally disregarded or not acknowledged.
Good things to know
- 1Communication: Use disregarded and ignored to express when something is not given attention or consideration.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create conflict or tension.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
The antonyms of marveled are disregarded and ignored. Use disregarded to express when something is not given any attention or consideration, and ignored to imply that something is intentionally disregarded or not acknowledged. These antonyms can be used in communication, writing, and vocabulary building.