What is the antonym of “maverick”?
The antonyms of maverick are conformist and traditionalist. The antonyms conformist and traditionalist convey a different approach to life, where one follows established norms and customs, while the other challenges them.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who follows established norms and customs, without questioning their validity.
He was a conformist who always followed the rules and never questioned authority.
A person who adheres to traditional values, customs, and beliefs, often resisting change.
She was a traditionalist who believed in preserving old customs and ways of life.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conformist is someone who follows established norms and customs, while maverick is someone who challenges them.
- 2Traditionalist is someone who adheres to traditional values, customs, and beliefs, while maverick is someone who breaks away from them.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use maverick to express unconventional ideas and conformist to describe those who follow established norms.
- 2Discuss Values: Use traditionalist to describe people who adhere to traditional values and customs.
- 3Analyze Behavior: Use these antonyms to analyze the behavior of individuals or groups in different contexts.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Conformist follows established norms, traditionalist adheres to traditional values, while maverick challenges them. Use these words to express opinions, discuss values, and analyze behavior in different contexts.