Definitions and Examples of meaninglessness, insignificance
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of meaning, significance, or purpose.
He felt a sense of meaninglessness in his job and decided to pursue a career that aligned with his values.
Lack of importance, influence, or impact.
The company's decision had little insignificance on the overall market.
Key Differences: meaninglessness vs insignificance
- 1Meaninglessness refers to a lack of meaning or purpose, while insignificance refers to a lack of importance or impact.
- 2Meaninglessness is a relational antonym, while insignificance is a gradable antonym.
Effective Usage of meaninglessness, insignificance
- 1Express Disappointment: Use meaninglessness or insignificance to express disappointment or dissatisfaction with something.
- 2Discuss Value: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to discuss the value and importance of things.
- 3Reflect on Life: Use these antonyms to reflect on the meaning and purpose of life.
The antonyms of meaningfulness are meaninglessness and insignificance. While meaninglessness refers to a lack of meaning or purpose, insignificance refers to a lack of importance or impact. These antonyms can be used to express disappointment, discuss value, and reflect on the meaning and purpose of life.