What is the antonym of “mesmerized”?
The antonyms of mesmerized are bore, disenchant, and repel. These words convey a lack of interest or attraction to something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To cause someone to feel uninterested or weary.
The lecture was so dull that it made everyone bore and yawn.
To cause someone to lose their enthusiasm or admiration for something.
The reality of the situation disenchanted him and made him realize that his dream was not feasible.
To cause someone to feel disgust or aversion towards something.
The smell of the garbage repelled her and made her want to leave the room.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bore implies a lack of interest or excitement.
- 2Disenchant implies a loss of enthusiasm or admiration.
- 3Repel implies a feeling of disgust or aversion.
Good things to know
- 1Express Disinterest: Use bore to express disinterest or weariness in a topic or activity.
- 2Express Disillusionment: Use disenchant to express disappointment or disillusionment with something.
- 3Express Disgust: Use repel to express strong dislike or aversion towards something.
The antonyms of mesmerized convey a lack of interest or attraction. Use bore to express disinterest, disenchant to express disillusionment, and repel to express disgust or aversion.