What is the antonym of “mingled”?
The antonyms of mingled are separated, isolated, and divided. These words convey the opposite meaning of mingled, which means to mix or blend together.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not together or connected; kept apart or divided.
After their argument, they decided to live in separate houses.
Separated from others; alone or cut off from contact with others.
The small village was isolated from the rest of the world by a dense forest.
Separated into parts or groups; not united or whole.
The country was divided into two opposing factions, each with its own agenda.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separated implies that two or more things were once together but are now apart.
- 2Isolated suggests being alone or cut off from others.
- 3Divided indicates that something was once whole but is now separated into parts or groups.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and clarity to your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these words to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Enrich Conversation: Incorporate these antonyms in your conversations to express ideas more effectively.