What is the antonym of “minion”?
The antonyms of minion are leader and boss. The antonyms leader and boss convey a position of authority or power. It implies a person who is in charge or has control over others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who leads or commands a group, organization, or country.
The CEO was a great leader who inspired his employees to work hard and achieve their goals.
A person who is in charge of a worker or organization.
The boss was not happy with the employee's performance and decided to give him a warning.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Leader is a person who guides and directs a group towards a common goal.
- 2Boss is a person who has the power to make decisions and give orders to others.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace: Use leader and boss to describe people in positions of authority at work.
- 2Politics: Use leader to describe the head of a political party or country.
- 3Sports: Use leader to describe the captain of a team who motivates and inspires his teammates.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Leader conveys a person who guides and directs a group towards a common goal, while boss refers to a person who has the power to make decisions and give orders to others. Use these words to describe people in positions of authority at work, in politics, or sports.