What is the antonym of “mirrored”?
The antonyms of mirrored are unreflective, dull, and mismatched. These words convey a lack of reflection, shine, or symmetry.
See all the antonyms of “mirrored”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not capable of reflecting light or images.
The wall was painted with a matte finish that made it unreflective.
Lacking shine or brightness; not reflecting light well.
The old silverware had become dull and tarnished over time.
Not matching or fitting together well; lacking symmetry or harmony.
The curtains and the carpet were mismatched and clashed with each other.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unreflective describes a surface that is not capable of reflecting light or images.
- 2Dull describes a surface that lacks shine or brightness and does not reflect light well.
- 3Mismatched describes objects that do not match or fit together well and lack symmetry or harmony.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Surfaces: Use unreflective to describe surfaces that do not reflect light or images.
- 2Describing Shine: Use dull to describe surfaces that lack shine or brightness.
- 3Describing Symmetry: Use mismatched to describe objects that do not match or fit together well and lack symmetry or harmony.
The antonyms of mirrored have distinct meanings: unreflective describes a surface that cannot reflect light or images, dull describes a surface that lacks shine or brightness, and mismatched describes objects that do not match or fit together well. Use these words to describe surfaces, shine, and symmetry in various contexts.