What is the antonym of “misesteem”?
The antonyms of misesteem are respect, admire, and value. The antonyms respect, admire, and value convey a positive or high regard for someone or something. It implies a feeling of admiration, esteem, or appreciation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have a high or favorable opinion of someone or something; to show consideration or honor towards them.
I respect my parents for their hard work and sacrifices they made for our family.
To regard with wonder, pleasure, or approval; to look up to or respect someone for their qualities or achievements.
I admire her courage and determination to pursue her dreams despite the challenges she faced.
To consider something important, useful, or beneficial; to estimate the worth or usefulness of something.
I value my education because it opens up opportunities and helps me grow as a person.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Respect is a feeling of admiration or high regard for someone or something.
- 2Admire is a verb that describes looking up to or respecting someone for their qualities or achievements.
- 3Value is a verb that describes considering something important, useful, or beneficial.
Good things to know
- 1Express Appreciation: Use respect, admire, and value to express appreciation for someone or something.
- 2Show Gratitude: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show gratitude and acknowledge others' efforts.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Respect conveys admiration, admire denotes looking up to someone, and value refers to considering something important. Use these words to express appreciation, show gratitude, enrich vocabulary, and communicate more effectively.