What is the antonym of “misliken”?
The antonyms of misliken are like, approve, and admire. These antonyms convey a positive or approving attitude towards something or someone, unlike misliken which implies a negative or disapproving attitude.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To find something enjoyable, pleasing, or satisfactory.
I like to eat pizza on Fridays.
To have a favorable opinion of something or someone; to give permission or sanction.
The manager approved the new project proposal.
To regard with respect, approval, or high esteem.
I admire her dedication to her work.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Like is a general term that describes finding something enjoyable or pleasing.
- 2Approve is a relational term that describes having a favorable opinion or giving permission.
- 3Admire is a relational term that describes regarding someone or something with respect or high esteem.
Good things to know
- 1Expressing Preferences: Use like to express your preferences for things or activities.
- 2Giving Permission: Use approve to give permission or sanction.
- 3Showing Respect: Use admire to show respect or high esteem for someone or something.